Friday, November 5, 2010

Moving on and Happy?

Wow it has been a fast six weeks. If someone would have said six weeks ago we would be where we are I would have laughed in their face. We have all had our good and bad days but the days of all consuming grief are almost non-existent. There are still times I catch myself replaying the events of my Dad dying. Wondering if he heard us, wondering if he knows how much we love him. But then I tell myself to stop and move on. Halloween was one of his favorite holidays and we all knew we had to make it special. We had to start making new memories. We were successful. At first I was not sure if Madison was going to make it through, but in the end once she saw all the kids having fun she could not stay in her unhappy place(as she calls it). My Mom also did great dressing up as Lady Gaga and being silly and truly enjoying seeing all the little kiddies. Once again she is showing us how to live.

The past six weeks I also was enrolled in on of my toughest classes. Whitworth requires all students to take CORE classes. I had been putting off this class until I could not avoid it any longer. Thankfully the class went well and really taught me a great deal about philosophy, religion and myself. I have a mere 5 classes left. I am so ready to be done but I have to stay focused and get through one class at a time. This weekend is the first one in quite a while where there is no homework looming or some event to get to. I just want to stay home and read magazines, watch football and enjoy some time with my husband and daughter. We're happy. That still seems strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment